For over four decades, Colbert Lawn Service has exceeded customer expectations in Joplin. The company is always happy to share their wisdom and experience to help community members have the best lawns and yards possible. And now, they are offering winter season tips!
How to Prepare for a Snow Storm
Is there a winter storm on the horizon? Take some time now to gather the supplies you will need to ride out the storm at home or to safely venture outside if you must. Remember! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
You should have the following supplies:
- A snow shovel and ice melt to keep walkways clear and safe.
- Sufficient heating fuel for your home and fuel for your generator, if you have one.
- A good supply of dry, seasoned wood if you will be using a fireplace or wood-burning stove.
- Warm clothing and blankets, a stock of non-perishable food items, and necessary medications to last you and your family for several days.
If you should lose power, ensure that you, your family, and home are safe by following the steps below:
- Turn your heat up now, and close off any rooms that are not in use.
- Check pipe insulation, and if you lose power, allow water to run at a trickle to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Charge your battery-powered electronic and communications devices.
- Keep a battery-powered radio on hand to stay aware of changing weather conditions.
Make sure you stay inside and stay safe!
- Drive only if you absolutely must and be sure your car is outfitted with snow tires and has adequate fuel and an emergency supply kit.
- If you go outside to shovel snow, know your limits and try not to overtax yourself.
- Stay away from downed power lines.
- Keep your pets inside or make other suitable arrangements for them.
Rather have someone else do all your winter lawncare? Call Colbert Lawn Service; we can take care of snow removal with services for residential and commercial properties.
Reviews for the company’s services continue to be completely positive — check their website for testimonials.
For more information or to get a quote, be sure to visit colbertlawnservice.com or call 417.437.7728.
Colbert Lawn Service