Picking Up STEAM
In November, the Creative Learning Alliance was the proud recipient of the If/Then Gender Equity Grant. With the funds received, we were able to purchase complete supplies for 250 take-home STEAM kits for area children to engage with over Christmas break. Each kit contained three experiments featuring Drs. Ana Maria Porras, Ritu Ramen, and Helen Tran. Kits were provided to kids at multiple community events and we can’t wait to see the photos of them and their grown-ups learning and playing together!
Come Play at the Lab
“Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
Bring the whole family and come and play!
- December 28 and 29 – Robotic Lego Camp, 1:00 to 5:00 pm each day
- January 28 – Puzzling Puzzles, 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- February 18 – Women and Girls in STEAM, 12:00 to 1:00 pm
Giving Tuesday Thank-Yous!
We are so grateful to be the recipient of Giving Tuesday donations from Evan, Stephanie, Kimberly, Shelly, Caley, Sharon, and Ann! Special thanks to our Giving Tuesday sponsor, Olsson Engineering.
How Can You Get Involved?
Gift your time, talent or treasure by:
- Joining a committee (please see committee information below).
- Sharing our posts.
- Inviting us to present to your civic club or organization.
- Choosing us as your AmazonSmile recipient.
- Introducing us to interested organizations.
Interested in joining a committee? The following committees would love to have your help:
- Finance (contact: Shelly Kraft, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facilities (contact: Chad Greer, email@example.com)
- Outreach (contact: Kitty Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Governance (contact: Carolina Neal, email@example.com)
About The Creative Learning Alliance:
The Creative Learning Alliance is a hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) based attraction that exercises curiosity, promotes exploration, and develops imagination for people of all ages through interactivity. The nonprofit is run by a volunteer board of directors working to develop a new science center for the region. Find the Creative Learning Alliance at CreativeLearningAlliance.org or on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok @creativelearningalliance.
Neely Myers, Program Coordinator
Creative Learning Alliance