(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and Stone’s Corner Pharmacy welcomes the community to Main Street for the final Third Thursday event of the 2021 season! Stone’s Corner Pharmacy is the October event sponsor and they have some fun attractions planned for the event, which will be a great ending to the season.
October is also breast cancer awareness month and there are several vendors who will be joining millions of people across the country to raise awareness and educate individuals about the impact of breast cancer. The Joplin Family Y will be hosting a Zumba Party in Pink, and the Missouri Southern State University chapter of Zeta Alpha will be handing out pink ribbons and selling pink lemonade as part of their philanthropy month.
Enjoy some live music, dine on great food, and check out the vendors at Thursday’s event. Other activities will include:
- Live music from Mother Brothers on the 609 stage
- Dance performances by K-Flow
- Homemade piñata creations by Piñata Master
- Aaron Sachs bicycle helmet giveaways
- Historic Ghost Tours hosted by Dream Theatre Co.
- Pumpkin painting at The Boardroom and at Chaos Brewing Company
- Free pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic in front of City Hall
- Over 20 food trucks
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block
- Artisan market on the 500 block
- Lots to eat and drink from our restaurants and bars
Lori Haun, executive director of the DJA, states, “This final Third Thursday of 2021 wraps up a challenging year! We look forward to seeing the community out at this celebration of all things Joplin!”
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance