(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and Missouri Southern State University (MSSU) welcomes the community to Main Street for September’s Third Thursday on September 16! MSSU is this month’s event sponsor. With over 35 booths/activities including athletics, theatre, science experiments, reptiles, drones, printmaking, and more! You will see a little of everything that Missouri Southern has to offer.
Celebrate being part of Joplin, enjoy live music, dine on some great food, and check out the vendors at Thursday’s event. Bring the kids out for a family night of fun at Dream Theatres Kid’s Character Photo Shoot! In addition to the photo booth setup, there will be chalk, bubble machines, and different costumed performers, including your favorite Disney characters, superheroes, and more.
Other activities you can expect at this Third Thursday include:
- Live performances by The Lion Pride marching band at the intersection of 4th and Main Street at 6:00 pm and by MSSU Jazz Orchestra at 7:00 pm.
- The Criminal Justice Department’s Mobile Crime Scene
- Kinesiology Human Foosball
- Live music from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at Chaos Brewing, featuring Vagabond Grove.
- A free pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic in front of City Hall.
- Over 20 food trucks.
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block of Main Street.
- An artisan market on the 500 block of Main Street.
- Bounce houses from Jungle Bounce LLC
- Lots to eat and drink from our downtown restaurants and bars!
Lori Haun, executive director of DJA, states, “MSSU is pulling out all the stops with this year’s event. We are expecting a large turnout and look forward to celebrating Joplin’s university!”
We still have opportunities for volunteers, sponsors, and vendors for the remaining events of the year. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or at downtownjoplin.com/thirdthursday.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance