(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and Ajinomoto Foods welcomes the community to Main Street for August’s Third Thursday!
As summer draws to a close, Ajinomoto Foods is sponsoring this month’s event and giving away free shaved ice from Kona Ice. Find them at the corner of 4th and Main Street and enjoy a refreshing treat while playing some games and winning prizes! Ajinmoto is a new facility in Joplin and is looking forward to getting to know the community!
Celebrate being part of Joplin, enjoy some live music, dine on some great food and check out the vendors at Thursday’s event. Cool down with some live theatre and then wrap up the night with a show at Chaos Brewing Company, LLC or some virtual reality gaming, or even throw some axes!
Third Thursday has something for everyone:
- Live music on the Club 609 stage from Low Compatibility.
- Live music from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at Chaos Brewing from Tim Nowell.
- Free pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic in front of City Hall.
- Yoga on the deck at The Boardroom, 106 S. Main, hosted by Joypunk Yoga.
- Over 20 food trucks to choose from.
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block.
- Artisan market on the 500 block.
- Bounce houses from Jungle Bounce LLC.
- Axe throwing at Main Street Axe Company.
- Paint and Sip at RSVPaint.
- Virtual Reality Cafe at Pennington Station.
- And lots to eat and drink at our local restaurants and bars!
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “This is a great way to celebrate the last days of summer before school starts!”
We still have opportunities for volunteers, sponsors and vendors for the remaining events of the year. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or at downtownjoplin.com/thirdthursday.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance
Be the first to comment