(Neosho, MO) – Stay up to date on news from Crowder College and know what’s happening on and off campus!
- Spring Break is March 8 through 14. Offices will be open all week except Friday, March 12.
- Enrollment in second eight-week classes is still open. Check out the available courses here and contact Admissions or your advisor to begin enrolling today!
- Phi Theta Kappa’s (PTK) letters will be sent out to potential new members in the upcoming week. PTK members are eligible for transfer scholarships to many universities. Induction will be held on March 4 in the Wright Conference Center.
- The Career Fair will be held on March 16 and 18 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. There will be four sessions with 24 businesses per session. This event is open to Crowder students only. For more information, please call 417.455.5618.
- Central Methodist University Transfer Information: Weekly Zoom meetings are held on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3:00 pm. To find out more, click here or find the link in Blackboard, under Resources > Transfer Tools > Transfer Events. You may also contact Suzi Kidd at 455.5542 or email@example.com.
Campus Events & Community Education (Neosho location unless otherwise noted)
- The Longwell museum will host the Neosho High School art exhibit from February 2 to February 26, with a closing reception to be held on February 25 at 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Museum hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The museum is closed on weekends and holidays.
- Campus Life will host Black History month events throughout the month of February. All the events below are free to students and pizza will be provided:
- MLK/FBI Documentary, February 23 at 6:00 pm in the Student Center
- Campus Life in conjunction with the Baptist Student Union will provide free chili on February 23 from 10:45 am to 1:00 pm in the Student Center.
- Campus Life will hold activities for Drug & Alcohol Prevention Week from March 1 to 5. Events are listed below:
- Basketball Game on March 1 at 6:00 pm
- Pizza Giveaway on March 2
- Newton County Drug Court on March 3 at 12:00 pm in the Newton Hall Conference Room
- Hot Chocolate on March 4 in the Student Center.
- Online Challenges will be posted on Facebook from March 1 through March 5. Make sure to check there for chances to win prizes and free food!
- The Engineering Day competition for area high school students will be held on March 3. For complete details and registration information, visit crowder.edu/engineering-day.
- Roughrider Women’s Basketball is now 3-4 for this season. They will play at home on February 22 at 6:00 pm, at State Fair Community College on February 24 at 5:30 pm, and at home on February 27 at 2:00 pm.
- Roughrider Baseball is ranked number six in the NJCAA Division I polls and is now 3-0 on for this season. They will play McLennan (ranked fifth) on Wednesday, February 24 at the 12:00 pm doubleheader. They will also play at home on February 27 and 28 against Iowa Western (ranked second) in a four-game series starting at 1:00 pm and 12:00 pm respectively.
- Roughrider Softball received votes but did not make the top 20 due to game and weather cancellations. They will begin their season on the road on Wednesday, February 24 and will play several road games before their home opener against Neosho County on March 2 at 1:00 pm.
- E-Sports tryouts open for Super Smash Brothers, NBA2K, and Rocket League. To schedule a tryout, please email Esports@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5453.
- Roughrider Men’s Soccer will begin their season at home on March 23 at 4:00 pm against Coffeyville.
- Great job openings are available at Crowder College. Check out our website for opportunities: crowder.edu/employment.
- Upward Bound has openings for teachers and resident assistants in its summer program. For more information, please call 417.455.5688.
Crowder College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Missouri relay 711.
Public Information Office