Picking Up STEAM
The Creative Learning Alliance is looking forward to the new year and all of the exciting things that are coming in 2024! Learn more about them below.
Giving Tuesday Goal: A Message from the Alliance’s Executive Director
It may be that 2023 is wrapping up, but at the Creative Learning Alliance, we’re just getting started on the region’s first science center after the purchase of our permanent home at the former Joplin public Library, located at 300 S. Main Street. We know you share our vision and mission to engage people of all ages in hands-on, STEAM-based learning driven by curiosity and play. We hope you will choose to give a year-end gift.
Giving is easy. Simply click the donate button at the top of our website.
Our year-end goal is $50,000, which will fuel some pretty cool things for the science center in 2024. Here are just a few:
- Imagine having an immediate impact in preparing the science center for the joyous voices of actively learning children. Your children, who are also having a blast! We plan to have the north portion of the building, which we’re calling Lab 2.0, ready for the public by April. That will include extensive cleaning, floor renovation, HVAC work, and design work for a learning space/playshop space.
- Picture the faces of children as they excitedly enter temporary partner spaces between now and April, ready to flex those mental muscles at stations full of STEAM-based exhibits, projects, and experiments that your gift provided.
- Envision yourself on our front lawn and Lab 2.0, watching crowds of active learners at our Eclipse Festival in April 2024. We are planning a three-day festival full of playshops, exhibits, activities, and fun for our region to celebrate this historic event!
The work the Creative Learning Alliance does to connect experience with possibility is critical for our young people! I’d like to tell you the story of a young lady who is living proof of the magic your support creates. Fallon is currently a sixth grader in Carl Junction. She visited our creativity lab with some fellow students last year and while there, solved three of our hardest puzzles within ten minutes. She said she “just saw things that way.” And we said, “Oh my gosh, you could be an architect or an engineer with that mind.” She’d never really thought about how she could use her natural gift. She “just saw things that way.” A new dream was born for Fallon that day!
I hope Fallon’s story encourages you like it does me. There are so many other stories that I could share, and stories of impact that haven’t even been written yet. If you’d like to be a part of these stories, you can click the “donate” button on our website.
Your support can help us hit some mega goals we have.
With hope and gratitude,
Neely Myers, Executive Director
Thank you to the board members, committee members, Spartans football team, and community members who helped the Creative Learning Alliance move into their new home!
And thank you to the hardworking young men of Ozark Christian College for helping them clean up their new space, as well as the Youth Volunteer Corps for cleaning up the front garden!
If you have a group that would like to volunteer to help the Creative Learning Alliance, please contact Neely at 417.850.7137.
How Can You Get Involved?
Gift your time, talent, or treasure by:
- Joining a committee (committees include finance, governance, marketing, and outreach).
- Sharing the Creative Learning Alliance’s social media posts.
- Inviting the Creative Learning Alliance to present to your civic club or organization.
- Choosing Creative Learning Alliance as your AmazonSmile recipient.
- Introducing the Creative Learning Alliance to interested organizations.
About The Creative Learning Alliance:
The Creative Learning Alliance is a hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) based attraction that exercises curiosity, promotes exploration, and develops imagination for people of all ages through interactivity. The nonprofit is run by a volunteer board of directors working to develop a new science center for the region. Find the Creative Learning Alliance at CreativeLearningAlliance.org or on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok @creativelearningalliance.
Neely Myers, Executive Director
Creative Learning Alliance