(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and Missouri Southern State University (MSSU) are partnering to turn Main Street green and gold during Third Thursday on September 21! Come enjoy an evening in downtown Joplin with over a hundred vendors, live music, and fun activities.
The evening’s events include:
- Live music from Johnny Long and Vagabond Grove on the 200 block stage, presented by North Heights Porchfest. The 600 Block Stage will feature Eye Creatures and Higher Ed.
- MSSU is taking over the 400 and 500 blocks. Come enjoy performances from MSSU Jazz and the Lion Pride Marching Band! More than 60 MSSU departments and clubs will have fun, interactive booths for visitors to engage with.
- Patio and on-street dining and a beer garden at Chaos Brewing Co.
- A vintage car cruise on the 100 block.
- An artisan market on the 200 block.
- Visit Blacklist Ink on the 500 block to watch artists in action and participate in tours!
- Free COVID vaccines and bivalent booster shots will be provided by the City of Joplin’s Health Department inside City Hall.
- Over 100 vendors, including over 30 food and beverage options!
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “This is one of our favorite events of the year — MSSU is a vital part of our community and we love bringing them downtown each September!”
Third Thursday is held from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month from March through October. Thanks to our Third Thursday Title Sponsors, KSNF-TV/KODE-TV, Zimmer Marketing, and The Joplin Globe, for making this event possible.
Sponsors, volunteers and vendors are all being sought for the remaining events of the season. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or on the Downtown Joplin Alliance website.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance