U.S. Cellular is partnering with Bright Futures Joplin to connect the community with area children, teachers, and schools. These community resources help Bright Futures Joplin remove barriers between a student and their success.
Make sure to stop by the U.S. Cellular booths for games and prizes, a chance to win free food from Ghetto Tacos, a chance to win a smokeless fire pit valued at $400, and learn more about the Bright Futures program!
In addition to U.S. Cellular and Bright Futures, Leggett & Platt is excited to be back as a sponsor of Third Thursday. They believe in putting people first and working together as a force for good within our communities. The have partnered with the United Way of Southwest Missouri & Southeast Kansas as an opportunity to financially support its agencies and their positive impact on the community where we live and work. Stop by their booth for a trunk or treat for all ages!
Other activities include:
- Live music from Eye Creatures and Paul Blakely
- “Thriller” Flash Mob hosted by the Joplin Family YMCA
- Pumpkin painting at the Boardroom
- Dennis and Brad’s Brewery Tour hosted by Chaos Brewing
- Percussion and fire-breathing performance on the 100 block.
- Dream Theatre’s Thriller Performance
- Halloween costume giveaways
- More than 20 food trucks
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block
- Artisan market on the 500 block
- Lots to eat and drink from our local restaurants and bars
Lori Haun, executive director of Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “This month’s event will wrap up a successful and fun Third Thursday season. We hope to see everyone out enjoying the festivities. Mark your calendars for March 16, 2023 when Third Thursday will return!”
There are still opportunities for volunteers, sponsors, and vendors for the remaining events of the year. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or at downtownjoplin.com/thirdthursday.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance