(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce’s Equity, Diversity Inclusion work group partner will host the “You Belong in Joplin” inclusion celebration during June’s Third Thursday! This annual event recognizes the adoption of the City of Joplin’s EDI Proclamation in 2020 and includes a community table and solidarity walk to bring folks together.
The evening’s events include:
- Live Music from Vagabond Grove and Dear Watson on the Club 609 stage.
- More than 20 food trucks.
- Patio and on-street dining.
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block.
- Artisan market on the 500 block.
- The Solidarity Walk, which will depart from 2nd and Main Street at 6:00 pm.
- Together at the Table: Remarks from Mayor Pro Tem Kenan Cortez and other community leaders at 6:15 pm on the 600 block.
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “The You Belong Celebration is a great opportunity for the community to come together and celebrate the ways that we are different as well as the ways we are alike.”
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance