(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) is celebrating National Bike Month with a Big Bike Bash for this month’s Third Thursday! National Bike Month was established in 1956 to showcase the many benefits of cycling and encourage more folks to get outside and explore biking.
With the help of our sponsor Mid America RV, and many bike friendly organizations, we will be showcasing the best ways to travel this summer! You can catch Mid America RV on the 600 Block.
The Alliance of Southwest Missouri will have a Bike Rodeo, a chalk course to demonstrate bike safety with bikes, scooters and helmets. A fun activity for all ages! You can also expect to see Mountain Bike Group, SWMoComposite Goats, and Joplin Trails Coalition promoting their organizations and upcoming biking initiatives. The Joplin Trails Coalition will have trail maps available and information on future trail developments. Be sure to stop by and check out how you can get involved with these great local organizations!
Here’s what else you can expect for this month’s event:
- Live music on the Club 609 stage and 300 block stage, including Townhousefire and Speciosa.
- Over 20 food trucks.
- Vintage car show on the 100 block.
- New and returning favorites in the Artisan Market on the 500 block.
- Area businesses open for virtual reality play, axe throwing, live music, and arcade games.
- Patio dining at Chaos Brewing, The Boardroom, Carmine’s Pizza, Club 609, and Beast and Barrel.
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “We hope to see you there enjoying the food, fun, and commerce! And we’d love to see you show up on a bike!”
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance