(Joplin, MO) – The Downtown Joplin Alliance an its March sponsor, Leggett & Platt, will be “Going Green” for the first Third Thursday of the season. Set to take place next week on St. Patrick’s Day, vendors are encouraged to wear green and embrace a “green” theme. In addition, the City of Joplin’s Recycling Center will be present to discuss other ways to be “green” as well.
The community can visit with representatives from the Memorial Hall Committee if they would like to see the proposed plans and ask questions about the facility for the upcoming April vote.
Here’s what else to expect for this month’s event:
- Twenty food trucks
- Live music from Catalyst on the Club 609 stage.
- Sea Hollies performing indoors at Chaos Brewing at 8:00 pm.
- Vintage car show returning to the 100 block.
- Artisan Market on the 500 block.
- Dozens of area businesses and nonprofits.
- Outdoor dining from various downtown restaurants.
- Area businesses open for virtual reality play, ax throwing, guinness stew, live music, and arcade games.
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “We are excited to kick off this fifteenth season of Third Thursday with Leggett & Platt. We hope the community will come together on Main Street and celebrate the return of spring by wearing their green!”
Additional title sponsors include KSN/KODE, the Joplin Globe, and Zimmer Media.
Sponsors, volunteers, and vendors are all being sought for the remaining events of the season. Additional information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or at downtownjoplin.com..
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance
Be the first to comment