Save the Date: April 1, 2022
Save the date for Friday, April 1, 2022! The SBDC will be celebrating the 35th anniversary with a ribbon cutting. More details to come soon.
Cybersecurity Update from America’s SBDC
- Be more diligent about checking for unusual activity or performance issues on your devices and networks. This should include website traffic monitoring.
- Make a plan to incorporate regular backups if you have not done so already.
- Test a recent backup to make sure that it works.
- Check anti-virus and all software (including any website plugins) for needed updates and patches.
- Incorporate a firewall or security monitoring software in your website and online store.
- Use a password manager for complex passphrases (16+ characters with random numbers, letters, and symbols).
- Use multifactor authentication.
- Turn on or incorporate virtual private networks (VPN) when online.
- Familiarize yourself with your website/online store providers data breach policy to fully understand who is responsible for reporting any breaches that may incur as well as who is liable in the event your site becomes infect.
While you cannot be guaranteed that you will not be impacted by a cyberattack, you can dramatically reduce your chances of becoming a victim and substantially increase the speed of your recovery by following the above steps. Should you need more details or resources to assist with preparations, please contact your local SBDC offices and view America’s SBDC cybersecurity resources here.
SBA Surety Bond Guarantee Webinar
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 | 10:30 am – 11:30 am CST | Free event
QuickBooks Desktop: Utilization, Tips, and Tricks
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 | 10:00 am – 11:15 am CST | Free event
This training will include a demonstration of QuickBooks Desktop and a discussion on how to best utilize the program and its features. This training will be a free, one hour training via Zoom. You will be sent a link to Zoom after you register for the event.
Registered attendees will be sent a Zoom link to participate virtually. Find out more and register here.
Building a Business Plan
Thursday, March 10, 2022 | 10:30 am – 11:45 am CST | Free event
Once an entrepreneur has an idea for a business, the next step is to discover if it can be turned into a business. Participants will learn the key elements of a business plan and how to use it as a management tool. Participants will also be introduced to the Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas, Lean Canvas, and GrowthWheel.
Registered attendees will be sent a Zoom link to participate virtually. Learn more here.
Starting a Small Business: The First Steps
Tuesday, March 17, 2022 | 10:30 am – 11:45 am CDT | Free event
In this workshop, participants will discover their target markets and gain a better appreciation of why businesses need to understand their customers. Participants will also learn about the process of registering their business with federal, state, and local agencies. Topics will also include the basics and importance of cash flow projects and various funding alternatives.
Registered attendees will be sent a Zoom link to participate virtually. Save your spot here.
Got R&D Money? Top Tips for Funding R&D with Grants
Tuesday, March 17, 2022 | 10:00 am – 11:30 am CDT | Free event
This 90-minute live Zoom offering is designed to educate technology startups and existing businesses on how they might fund R&D through Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Grants. This course will also cover specific directions on how to search research topics at various government agencies to determine if grants are available for your unique technology. Additionally, participants will be provided with a list of additional resources for assistance on how to apply for an SBIR grant.
Please note that this is an introduction to the topic that has been developed for companies that are new to seeking grant funding and is not a “how-to-apply” course.
Sign up here.
Looking for something different?
Webinars are being offered by all Missouri SBDC centers located across the state. Check out our events page to find more training that fits your business needs.
Visit the Missouri SBDC website, sbdc.missouri.edu, for more about their centers and training offerings.