(Joplin, MO) – The Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Golden Apple Awards. This program, now in its 36th year, is designed to recognize excellence in the teaching profession. This year, 80 educators from Joplin public and private schools were nominated by students, parents, and coworkers.
Awards are given in four categories: grades K–2, 3–5, 6–8, and 9–12. Nominees are certified classroom teachers who instruct students on a daily basis and are teaching during the 2020–2021 school year.
Congratulations to our 2021 Golden Apple Recipients!
- Stephanie Reither, Cecil Floyd Elementary School, grades K–2
- Kathy Nicodemus, Irving Elementary School, grades 3–5
- Cheryl Sieber, North Middle School, grades 6–8
- Syeda Greenlee, Joplin High School, grades 9–12
In honor of Kathleen Keisner, a former teacher and Golden Apple nominee and finalist who taught at Irving Elementary School for 25 years, each non-award finalist was recognized with a $140 gift card. Congratulations to all the finalists!
- Victoria Baker, Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School, grades K–2
- Erica Doennig, Irving Elementary School, grades K–2
- Sara Meyer, Irving Elementary School, grades K–2
- Erica DuRossette, Royal Heights Elementary School, grades 3–5
- Miranda Hembree, Joplin Schools Gifted Program, grades 3–5
- Chelsea Meyer, Royal Heights Elementary School, grades 3–5
- Paula Bohm, Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School, grades 6–8
- Darren Morgan, South Middle School, grades 6–8
- Amanda Powell, East Middle School, grades 6–8
- Cara Clark, Joplin High School, grades 9–12
- Gelmis Cole, Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School, grades 9–12
- LaHeather Fisher, Joplin High School, grades 9–12
The Chamber is pleased to honor the memory of this extraordinary teacher, mother, and grandmother and would like to thank those who donated in memory of Kathleen Keisner.
Thank you to the Title Sponsor, Liberty Utilities, and the Presenting Sponsor, Missouri Southern State University, as well.
Erin Slifka, Marketing & Public Information Manager
Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce
Be the first to comment