Join Joplin Parks and Recreation and become a part of the inaugural Holiday Tree Trail at Mercy Park! Help us transform our park into a winter wonderland of decorated trees along the trail at Mercy Park.
This is a unique opportunity for area businesses, organizations, and groups to highlight their mission and services in a highly visible area during the holidays. Trees can have a theme, tie to the sponsor’s mission, or be whatever you want to create! Park guests will have a chance to vote for their favorite tree throughout the season.
All you will need is a tree, some lights, and a little creativity! The event will run from November 24 through January 1 and is free for the public to attend.
- Advertisement for your business, organization, or groups in a high traffic area.
- Endless decorating possibilities! Be creative – traditional, unique, follow a theme, or tie to your mission or brand!
- Team building opportunity for your company or organization’s team. Strengthen employee relationships and have some holiday fun!
- Opportunity to attract more consumers and families to local businesses during the winter months.
Rules & Requirements
- Trees should be artificial and prepared to handle outdoor elements for 5 weeks. Trees should be no shorter than 6 feet and no taller than 12 feet. Each space will have a T-post to serve as an anchor for your tree. You may also use weights or in- ground stakes as needed. We will provide one T-post per tree. Lighting should be LED only. Every tree is allowed one plug-in. Participants will be responsible for getting power from the tree to the electric box (approx. 3–12 feet). Decorations and lights should be rated for outdoor use.
- Theme/decorations should be family friendly.
- The City of Joplin and Joplin Parks & Recreation are not responsible for any loss or damage to a tree, decorations, lights, anchors, or power cord.
- If you choose to display signage naming business/organization, please limit the sign size to 2×2 feet.
The event begins November 24 and will open to the public daily from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Sponsors are welcome to set up an information booth next to their tree during the 3 special event dates.
- Registration Deadline: November 18 or until all tree spaces are claimed
- November 21 – 23: Decorating Days
- November 24: Kick-off ceremony from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. December 5: Holiday Movie & Refreshments
- December 12: Children’s Mini–Christmas Parade, Holiday Movie, & Refreshments
- December 21: Voting ends for Tree Decorating Contest at 11:59 p.m.
- January 2 – 4: Clean Up Days; Decorations remaining on January 5 will be discarded
- The trees will be exposed to the elements for over a month. Do not use water-soluble glue on ornaments.
- Spray any fabrics with Scotch Guard to prevent mildew.
- We ask that you check your tree periodically. Our staff will be occasionally checking the trees too. Bring a small step ladder to decorate the top of your tree.
A limited number of tree spaces are available. Cost to reserve a space is $25. An assigned space and electricity access will be provided.
How to Register
Registration Deadline: November 18 or until all spaces are claimed. Want to register your organization? Have additional questions?
Contact Jessica Johnson at 417–625–4750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tree Decorating Contest Sponsored by Texas Roadhouse
Visitors will be able to vote online for their favorite decorated tree from November 24 – December 21. Contes winners will receive:
- $300 catering credit to the 1st Place Tree Winner
- $150 catering credit for the 2nd Place Tree Winner
- $50 catering credit to the 3rd Place Tree Winner
Winners will be notified on December 22 & 23.