The Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC) hosted at Missouri Southern State University (MSSU) will be holding several trainings throughout this month. Whether you’re looking to expand your skillset or simply connect with fellow professionals, they have something for everyone.
Don’t miss out on these opportunities to learn, network, and thrive. Sign up today!
Corporate Transparency Act: Beneficial Ownership Information
- What is it? As of January 1, 2024, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) under the U.S. Department of the Treasury is accepting reports on beneficial ownership information (BOI). It is crucial to note that beneficial ownership information reporting is not an annual obligation. A report only needs to be submitted once unless updates or corrections are necessary.
- When do I file? If your company was registered prior to January 1, 2024, you will have until January 1, 2025. If your company was created or registered on or after January 1, 2024, and before January 1, 2025, you must report BOI within 90 calendar days. If your company was created or registered on or after January 1, 2025, you must file BOI within 30 calendar days.
- Where can I learn more? For more information on how to file, click here. For the official U.S. Beneficial Ownership Information Registry press release, click here. And you can always contact the SBDC office hosted at MSSU by calling 417.625.3128 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Basic Government Certifications for Small Business Owners
Thursday, February 22, 2024 | 2:00 to 3:15 pm CST | Free, virtual event
This is the second part in a two-part training series designed to help you internationalize your small business. Leslie Fischer, an International Trade Field Specialist, will guide you through navigating e-commerce systems, integrating them into your website, and creating a strong international strategy with insights from the Missouri SBDC.
Credit as an Asset
Wednesday, February 21, 2024 | 10:00 am to 12:00 pm CST | Free event hosted at MSSU, sponsored by OakStar Bank
Looking to understand the ins and outs of credit?
Don’t pass up this chance to gain knowledge and have your questions answered by a certified credit specialist at this upcoming credit workshop! Topics include:
- Understanding how credit impacts your life.
- Accessing and understanding credit reports.
- Learning how to build or rebuild your credit.
This event is limited to 20 seats, so make sure you register today! Click here to reserve your seat.
Tuesday, February 27, 2024 | 8:00 to 10:00 am CST | Free, in-person event
Embark on a journey into the cutting-edge realm of Artificial Intelligence with our riveting training sessions, AI Mythbusting. Join us as we shatter misconceptions and illuminate the path to a future where businesses thrive through AI innovation.
- Separating Facts and Fiction: Dive deep into the world of AI as we debunk myths that may be holding your business back. Discover the real potential and practical applications of AI that can propel your enterprise into unprecedented success.
- Beyond the Status Quo: In the dynamic landscape of business, clinging to the status quo is a surefire way to stagnate. Explore the possibilities AI offers and learn how to leverage its transformative power to stay ahead of the curve.
- Innovation in Action: Our panelists, industry trailblazers in their own right, will share firsthand experiences of integrating AI into their businesses and personal lives. Explore diverse perspectives, from startups to established enterprises, and gain practical insights that you can implement immediately.
- Interactive Q-and-A Session: Have burning questions about AI? Get them answered by our expert panelists! Engage in an interactive dialogue that will demystify AI complexities and empower you to make informed decisions for your business.
This is an in-person event and will be hosted at the Plaster School of Business’s Cornell Auditorium on the campus of MSSU, 3950 Newman Road in Joplin. Save your spot here.
Don’t Miss These Dates!
Missouri Southern State University, the Missouri SBDC at MSSU, and the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce have tamed up to bring you the inaugural Pitch Palooza! Whether you’re a high school prodigy, a collegiate visionary, a budding pre-venture organization, or an established business that’s ready to scale, we have a category tailored just for you. Unleash your creativity and compete alongside like-minded trailblazers!
Looking for Business Assistance?
Are you ready to grow your existing business? Do you need technical assistance with management, marketing, finance, or accounting?
Check out the services available from the Missouri SBDC network! We exist to provide assistance and training for your small business.
Register today to become a Missouri SBDC client at now cost!
Looking for something different?
Webinars are being offered by all Missouri SBDC centers located across the state. Check out our events page to find more training that fits your business needs.
Visit the Missouri SBDC website, sbdc.missouri.edu, for more about their centers and training offerings.