(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance (DJA) and Leggett & Platt are partnering for the Fall Harvest Festival during the last Third Thursday of the year, which will be held on October 19! Come enjoy an evening in downtown Joplin with over one-hundred and thirty vendors, live music, and fun activities!
The evening’s events include:
- Live music all night from Ransided, Paul Blakely, Daojira, and the Rebecca Hawkins Project, along with Drake may playing his drums.
- Zombie Walk hosted by AMI Radio/American Media.
- The Joplin Family YMCA will have two instructors, Nikki Phillips and Derrick Hornback, who will hold their regularly scheduled fitness classes. Once it turns dark, Nikki and her class will take to the streets to perform their annual Thriller Flash Mob!
- Pop-Up Complete Streets Demonstration on the 600 Block put on by Missourians for Responsible Transportation, the City of Joplin, and DJA. They will show how the streets can be made more safe, comfortable, and connected for all users!
- Big Charlie’s Halloween Superstore will have a decorated antique truck with pumpkins for sale!
- Photo Booth by Hip Hip Array.
- Patio and on-street dining, as well as a beer garden at Chaos Brewing Co.
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block of Main Street.
- Artisan market on the 500 block of Main Street.
- Free COVID vaccines and bivalent booster shots provided by the City of Joplin’s Health Department (available inside City Hall).
- Over 130 vendors, including over 30 food and beverage options.
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “Our sixteenth season of Third Thursday has been full of great moments. We hope you’ll come join us as we close out the year!”
Third Thursday is held from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month from March through October. Thanks to our Third Thursday Title Sponsors, KSNF-TV/KODE-TV, Zimmer Marketing, and The Joplin Globe, for making this event possible.
Sponsors, volunteers and vendors are all being sought for the remaining events of the season. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or on the Downtown Joplin Alliance website.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance