(Joplin, MO) – Downtown Joplin Alliance and General Mills/Blue Buffalo are partnering for the Dog Days of Summer during Third Thursday on August 17! Come enjoy an evening in downtown Joplin with over a hundred vendors, live music, and fun activities.
The evening’s events include:
- Live music from Matt Long and the Gutter Divas on the 200 Block, presented by North Heights Porchfest!
- Visit the General Mills/Blue Buffalo on the 400 block for a Coolest Pup contest; free doggie ice cream from Scooter; face painting, water activities; an agility course from Tri State Kennel Club; lots of adoptable pups from the Joplin Humane Society; a photo booth by Hip Hip Array; and lots of giveaways and freebies!
- El Vaquero will be downtown to hand out free bags of school supplies and meal vouchers.
- If you want to get out of the heat, you can enjoy a tour of the downstairs floor of The Nest at 512 S. Main Street.
- There will be patio and on-street dining as well as a beer garden at Chaos Brewing Co.
- A vintage car cruise will be on the 100 block.
- There will be an artisan market on the 500 block.
- Free COVID vaccines and bivalent booster shots will be provided by the City of Joplin’s Health Department inside City Hall.
- Over 100 vendors, including over 30 food and beverage options!
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “We love seeing everyone bring their furry friends downtown for Third Thursday, and August is the month tailored to them. We hope you’ll come and join us!”
Third Thursday is held from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month from March through October. Thanks to our Third Thursday Title Sponsors, KSNF-TV/KODE-TV, Zimmer Marketing, and The Joplin Globe, for making this event possible.
Sponsors, volunteers and vendors are all being sought for the remaining events of the season. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or on the Downtown Joplin Alliance website.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance