(Joplin, MO) – At May’s Third Thursday event, Downtown Joplin Alliance is exploring all the ways you can have a great adventure locally! Join this month’s sponsor, Mid-America RV, and nearly one-hundred vendors as the community looks forward to the adventures of summertime.
The evening’s events include:
- Live music from Shane Ferguson at 5:30 pm and from Speciosa at 7:15 pm.
- A Healthy Joplin Walk, starting at City Hall at 6:00 pm. Healthy Joplin is a collaborative effort of local health agencies, individuals, and businesses who are passionate about improving the well-being our community. This is a one-mile walk through Downtown Joplin. Look for the Health Joplin leaders in blue t-shirts!
- As a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Southwest Missouri, three businesses (DTOM Technologies, Technology Center, and Noble Earth Recovery) will host a smash-a-thon where participants and donors can smash electronics (printers, computers, copiers, etc.). Participants will sign a waiver, select their desired target and their “smasher” of choice (hammer, bat, golf club, etc.), and have a set time in which to smash problematic electronics to smithereens! Safety gear will be provided and the smashing will take place inside a netted canopy to prevent any flying debris. This group will also be accepting electronics for recycling.
- Patio and on-street dining.
- Vintage car cruise on the 100 block of Main Street.
- Artisan Market on the 500-block of Main Street.
- Free COVID-19 vaccines and bivalent booster shots provided by the City of Joplin’s Health Department (available inside City Hall).
- Selfie photo booth provided by Hip Hop Array.
- Nearly 100 vendors, including more than 25 food and beverage options.
Lori Haun, executive director of the Downtown Joplin Alliance, states, “We want to invite our community to enjoy the great outdoors this month! Join us for the adventure of a lifetime at May’s Third Thursday. We can’t wait to see you!”
Third Thursday is held from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month from March through October. Thanks to our Third Thursday Title Sponsors, KSNF-TV/KODE-TV, Zimmer Marketing, and The Joplin Globe, for making this event possible.
Sponsors, volunteers and vendors are all being sought for the remaining events of the season. More information can be found on the Third Thursday Facebook page or on the Downtown Joplin Alliance website.
Lori Haun, Executive Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance