(Joplin, MO) – The Joplin Empire Market will host their Goats in the Garden event on Saturday, March 11, during normal market hours from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Master Gardener Eric Osen will have some of his baby goats out in our Community Gardens. Stop by and play with them, help feed them, grab a photo, and learn about the raising of goats.
In addition to the goats, here’s what else guests can expect to find:
- The Joplin Humane Society will bring puppies (and maybe some cats!)
- Willow the Bunny will be in attendance!
- Alpacas from WellSpring Acres will be in the courtyard.
- Come feed some chickens and learn about their care!
- Experts from Jasper County University of Missouri Extension and local master gardeners will be available for garden questions and will have information to hand out.
- A variety of children’s activities such as chalk art and bubbles!
- Enter our Empire Market Birthday Giveaway to win a hoop greenhouse that is currently under construction in the Community Garden.
This is also a great time to snag one of our Community Garden beds for you to do your own planting in this year!
Lindsay Gagnon, Director of the Empire Market, ” If you are looking for a fun, free, family–friendly way to spend your Saturday, come see the Goats in the Garden at the Empire Market! Spring is on its way, so come play with the goats and check out our Community Garden beds at the same time.”
Our regular farmers market will also be ongoing in all market halls. Visitors can shop all our vendors, who will have fresh produce, pastured meat, artisan goods, coffee from Cottage Small Coffee Roasters, and ready–to–eat food available. There is no charge for entry into the event.
Lindsay Gagnon, Market Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance