(Joplin, MO) – The Joplin Regional Community Foundation (JRCF) is pleased to announce the establishment of the Answering the Call Fund. This new charitable fund will support children of public safety officers in Jasper and Newton Counties who are killed or injured in the line of duty.
The grant selection committee will consist of:
- Matt Stewart, executive director of the Children’s Center and former Joplin Police Department (JPD) chief;
- Representative Lane Roberts, state representative for the 161st District and former JPD chief;
- Tracy Nielson-Healey, wife of fallen JPD Officer Tim Nielson;
- Scott Vorhees, JRCF board member; and
- Tom Franz, JRCF board member.
The JRCF is now accepting gifts to the Answering the Call Fund. Secure online donations can be made here. Gifts by check should be made payable to the JRCF with “Answering the Call” noted in the memo line and mailed to: JRCF, P.O. Box 471, Joplin, MO, 64802.
For any questions or to discuss other charitable giving opportunities, please contact Pete Ramsour, JRCF foundation manager, at 417.439.7328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Joplin Regional Community Foundation:
The Joplin Regional Community Foundation, founded in 2006, is one of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks’ 53 regional affiliate foundations. The CFO is a regional public charitable foundation established in 1973 that provides asset and resource development, grantmaking, and public leadership across central and southern Missouri.
Pete Ramsour, JRCF Foundation Manager
Joplin Regional Community Foundation