Learn the latest real estate tips from the team at Ferguson Real Estate and Property Management and their February e-newsletter, which is shared below.
Buying a Home in the Spring
Buying a home in the winter season is one of the hardest times to do so. With the holidays and colder weather, it makes it harder to find the right home for you. With the winter months coming closer to an end, here are a few ways you can stay ahead of the game to find your dream home this spring:
- Spring means more inventory and more options. This is good news if there is a specific community that you are looking to move into and it provides more opportunities to get the home features that you’re looking for.
- Connect with lenders for pre-approval to make the process faster and easier for you to put in an offer on your next home.
- Spring time brings more competition. With more more inventory means more competition for your dream home. There is much less room for negotiation in the spring, so having your pre-approval and being ready to find your home will be a huge advantage.
Buying a home in the spring has its obstacles, but being prepared and knowledgeable of your situation will help you get a good jump on finding your new home!
Permit Required for Short-Term Rentals Under New Ordinance
As of January 24, 2022, all short-term rentals will be required to be permitted and licensed through the City of Joplin. These short-term rentals include Airbnb’s and VRBOs.
Under the new ordinance, these rentals are required to be at least 200 feet apart, attain an annual business license, limit their occupancy based on the number of bedrooms, provide adequate parking spaces, and prohibit events in their property. The following information is also required to be posted within the unit:
- Name and contact information for the rental
- Copy of approved Business License
- Refuse and recycing schedule
- Copy of Certificate of Occupancy
- City of Joplin Noise Ordinance
- Statement that no short-term rental is to be used for receptions, parties, or wedding events that contain loud noise.
Want to Stay Connected?
Ferguson Real Estate and Property Management