(Joplin, MO) – On Wednesday, August 25, 2021, entrepreneurs, innovators, business owners, and other interested community members are invited to attend a special presentation that will feature a panel of four experienced investors as part of 1 Million Cups in Joplin.
Typically, the 1 Million Cups weekly format features two early-stage startups presenting their companies to an audience of mentors, advisers, and other entrepreneurs. However, this special, one-time only event is designed to let audience members glean advice and information from a panel discussion.
The four-member panel will include:
- Chase Howard – founder and owner of Howard Investments
- James Like – founder and president of Revolution Companies
- Kaleb Marti – founder and owner of Multi Family Cartel
- Calvin Thigpen – founder and president of Its Bugs or Us
Audience members will hear from the panelists on such topics as their biggest entrepreneurial challenges, what they look for when investing in small businesses, and advice on how to make contact and communicate with a private investor. The panel discussion will conclude with a question-and-answer session.
“This event promises to be something that all area entrepreneurs will want to attend. These individuals have earned multi-millions of dollars and are coming to impart wisdom and knowledge into Joplin,” shares community organizer, JD Buckridge.
1 Million Cups of Joplin takes place at Advanced Training & Technology Center, located at 420 Grand Avenue, Joplin, MO 64801. As always, coffee and connection start at 8:30 a.m., and the panel discussion will start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
1 Million Cups in Joplin is part of a national program to engage, educate and connect local entrepreneurs. Founded by the Kauffman Foundation, 1 Million Cups is based on the notion that entrepreneurs network and discover solutions over a million cups of coffee. The free, weekly gathering helps build startup communities on a grassroots level.
In each 1 Million Cups city, local entrepreneurs drive the program as community organizers. Volunteering for the leadership roles in Joplin are:
- Alicia Edens, Consumer Lender of Southwest Missouri Bank
- Dominic Buccieri, Assistant Professor of Business Missouri Southern State University
- Lowell Lane, Business Management Service Consultant of Higher Vision Coaching.Training.Consulting
- JD Buckridge, President & CEO of Higher Vision Coaching.Training.Consulting
- Doug Hunt, Director of Entrepreneurship of Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jeana Gockley, Library Director of Joplin Public Library
- Erin Slifka, Marketing & Public Information Manager of Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce
1 Million Cups Joplin, weekly program is made possible by a group of community sponsors:
- Southwest Missouri Bank
- Joplin Public Library
- Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Missouri Technology Corporation
- Granny Shaffer’s Restaurant on Range Line.
About the Kauffman Foundation:
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that works together with communities in education and entrepreneurship to create uncommon solutions and empower people to shape their futures and be successful. The Kauffman Foundation is based in Kansas City, Missouri, and uses its $2 billion in assets to collaboratively help people be self-sufficient, productive citizens. For more information, visit www.kauffman.org and connect with us at www.twitter.com/kauffmanfdn and www.facebook.com/kauffmanfdn.
Erin Slifka, Marketing & Public Information Manager
Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce