(Joplin, MO) – The City of Joplin’s computer system is down, causing online services to be unavailable to the public. As City staff works to resolve this issue, please note the following service changes until further notice:
- City phones are not working as the system is internet-based. The emergency 9-1-1 system is still operational.
- Online payments for utilities (trash and sewer) bill or court fines cannot be made. Citizens can still make payments in person with a check or cash.
- Municipal Court cannot conduct any case management work.
- Planning & Zoning’s front counter is open and applications are being accepted there. Please bring cash or checks for payment; no cards at this time please.
- Building Division – All services provided at the front counter, including issuing building permits. Cash or checks are only being accepted at this time. Inspections can only be scheduled at the front counter due to phone system being down.
- Code Enforcement – Service provided and complaints accepted at the front counter. Cannot provide service by phone or through See Click Fix.
- Health Department – case investigation for communicable diseases is limited. Other limited services include WIC services, temporary Medicaid applications, vital records, some vaccinations (COVID is still available) and animal control dispatch. If emergency situation such as a dog bite, please call 9-1-1.
- Parks and Recreation- Online services for enrollments or payments are not available. This can be done in person at the Joplin Athletic Complex. Schifferdecker Pool will be open, accepting cash only. No changes to the golf course operations.
- Joplin Municipal Airport is still operational and has not been affected.
Some public transportation services will also be adjusted. The Sunshine Lamp Trolley will operate its normal route, however it will not be able to provide deviations from these routes. The MAPS transit system will be running but will be unable to run prescheduled trips due to the outage. They will offer same-day service for citizens who call 417.626.8607 to make arrangements.
The City will keep the public posted as services are brought back online and appreciate everyone’s patience.
Lynn Onstot, Public Information Officer
City of Joplin