(Neosho, MO) – Stay up to date on news from Crowder College and know what’s happening on and off campus!
- Your 2020 1098-T is now available to print. Details are available here.
- Enrollment in second eight-week classes is still open. Check out the available courses here and contact Admissions or your advisor to begin enrolling today!
- Phi Theta Kappa’s (PTK) letters will be sent out to potential new members in the upcoming week. PTK members are eligible for transfer scholarships to many universities. An alternative to the traditional induction ceremony is being planned at this time.
- Several transfer visit opportunities are available throughout the month. Contact Career & Transfer Services at 417.455.5618 or CareerServices@Crowder.edu to schedule attendance. Links are available in the Career & Transfer Services Blackboard course under Resources and Transfer Tools. The list of upcoming visits are as follows:
- Missouri S&T, February 4 at 10:00 am (virtual visit)
- Pittsburg State University, February 11 @ 1:00 pm (attend in-person)
- Missouri State University, February 12 @ 10:00 am (virtual visit)
Campus Events & Community Education (Neosho location unless otherwise noted)
- The Longwell museum will host the Neosho High School art exhibit from February 2 to February 26, with a closing reception to be held on February 25 at 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Museum hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The museum is closed on weekends and holidays.
- The Crowder Quill literary/art contest is open for entries in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, art, and photography. This year, the Quill has a special theme in conjunction with the Theatre Department at Crowder College regarding quarantine and current events. Although all entries are welcome, those following the theme will have additional opportunities to be performed and highlighted during the April theatre production on campus, in addition to the awards ceremony in May. The contest deadline is February 1. See more details at crowderquill.com.
- Campus Life will host Black History month events throughout the month of February. All the events below are free to students and pizza will be provided:
- Tulsa Massacre Lecture, February 9 at 12:00 pm in the Wright Conference Center
- Actually, History Does Change, February 18 at 11:30 am in the Wright Conference Center
- MLK/FBI Documentary, February 23 at 6:00 pm in the Student Center
- The Engineering Day competition for area high school students will be held on March 3. For complete details and registration information, visit crowder.edu/engineering-day.
- Basketball is 1-2 and will play at home on Monday, February 1 at 6:00 pm and Wednesday, February 3 at 6:00 pm.
- Baseball will begin on the road on February 3 and 6 before returning home to play on February 9 at 1:00 pm.
- The softball team will begin their season at home on February 16 at 1:00 pm.
- E-Sports tryouts open for Super Smash Brothers, NBA2K, and Rocket League. To schedule a tryout, please email Esports@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5453.
Training & Development Solutions (TDS) for Business
- Current, available training opportunities include Forklift Training, Hazwoper 8-Hour Refresher, and Industrial Maintenance. We can always customize our sessions to meet your company’s needs. Check out the training schedule today!
- Great job openings are available at Crowder College. Check out our website for opportunities: crowder.edu/employment.
- Upward Bound has openings for teachers and resident assistants in its summer program. For more information, please call 417.455.5688.
Crowder College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Missouri relay 711.
Public Information Office