(Joplin, MO) – Stay up to date on news from Crowder College and know what’s happening on and off campus:
- It’s not too late to enroll! New options are being added to eight-week courses later this week. These classes will begin on October 14. Find a listing on MyCrowder: https://my.crowder.edu.ics.
- Academic calendar for Fall 2020. Make sure you know the important dates!
- Phi Theta Kappa new membership orientation will be held on Wednesday, September 23 at 3:00 pm in the Wright Conference Center
- Fall Break will be October 12 and 13. All college locations will be closed.
- Fall soccer and basketball have been moved to the spring semester. #GoRoughriders
Campus Events (Neosho location unless otherwise noted)
- The Longwell Museum will host a faculty exhibit from September 27 to October 22. The exhibit will be open Mondays through Fridays, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with a closing reception to be held from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on October 22. The Longwell Museum is located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. The Museum is closed on holidays and weekends.
- Rowdy’s Online Challenge will be held online via social media from September 21 to September 24. Watch for information about college programs, make sure to comment, and be entered for a chance to win prizes!
- The Story of Us, a panel of southwest Missouri entrepreneurs, will be held on September 22. Learn how these entrepreneurs have built their businesses in the Neosho area and how their entrepreneurial journey was shaped by southwest Missouri. This workshop is part of the NEWcaps programs. NEWcaps is a partnership between Neosho School District and Crowder College. The purpose of the partnership is to provide students with exposure to the day-to-day challenges of local jobs, interactions with professionals, and real-world experiences. This inaugural year, there are 17 students participating in two pathways: Healthcare and Business.
- Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Location: Wright Conference Center, Crowder College
- Topic: Story of Us
- Description: Entrepreneurs / History of Business in Neosho
- Workshop Style: Panel Presentations with Q&A at the end from guests.
Career & Transfer Services
Planning to transfer to a university upon graduation? There are virtual meetings scheduled for this fall as follows:
- Pittsburg State University Transfer Day – Friday, September 25 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am in the Newton Hall Conference Room or via Zoom, https://zoom.us/i/99081055495.
- More information to come:
- University of Arkansas (October 2)
- Missouri State University (October 9)
- Missouri University of Science & Technology (October 16)
- The Transfer Fair will be held on September 29 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Meet representatives from Kansas City Art Institute, Missouri Southern State University, Missouri State University, and Ottawa University. Conveniently join virtually: zoom.us/j/94384136905
- The Annual Festival of Wreaths is scheduled for Tuesday, November 10. Stay tuned for more exciting details!
- Great job openings are available at Crowder College. Check out our website for opportunities: crowder.edu/employment.
Crowder College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Missouri relay 711.
Public Information Office