Roll in, roll up your sleeve, and respond to the call for summer lifesavers!
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks (CBCO), the Joplin Police and Fire Departments, and Hideout Harley-Davidson are teaming up for the inaugural Boots, Badges & Bikes Community Challenge Blood Drive on Friday, July 22 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
CBCO is the sole provider of blood, platelets, and plasma to over 40 hospitals in southwest Missouri, northwest Arkansas, and southeast Kansas —including Freeman West and Mercy Hospital Joplin. Give blood honor of first responders and help save the lives of your friends, family, and neighbors.
While supplies last, all donors will receive:
- A “Born to Ride, Live to Give” t-shirt that is exclusively available at this drive.
- A “Boots & Badges” blood drive t-shirt honoring first responders.
- They will also be entered into a drawing for a Hideout Harley-Davidson gift card, jacket, and other prizes.
Walk-ins are always welcome, but appointments are strongly encouraged to minimize time spent at the drive. Call 417.227.5006 or book your appointment online here.
Preparing to Donate
Before the blood drive, donors are asked to take a few steps to ensure that donations operate smoothly on the day of the drive:
- Drink plenty of water or juice the night and morning before you donate.
- Eat a well-balanced meal around two to three hours before giving.
- Bring your photo identification: This is now required for all donors.
Learn more on Facebook.
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks