(Joplin, MO) – Beginning Saturday, March 12, Master Gardener Eric Olsen, of Jasper County Master Gardeners Association, will lead discussions surrounding the major topics of home gardening at Joplin Empire Market. His expert advice and knowledge can help you get started or further your efforts in growing your own foods.
Classes will be held in the courtyard Community Gardens, right off of 3rd & Division.
It doesn’t matter if you are a new or experienced gardener, we would love to welcome you to the teaching garden at Empire Market this growing season.
Here is a list of topics and the dates they will be offered each Saturday at 1:15 pm:
- Intro to Gardening – March 12
- What is a “Spring” Garden? – March 26
- Three Alternative Ways to Grow: Container, Raised Bed, Vertical – April 9
- How to Direct Sow Summer Crops – April 23
- Growing Tomatoes – May 14
- Insects and Disease in the Garden – May 28
- Mulch and Water – June 11
- Stump the Master Gardener Q&A – June 25
- Gadgets in the Garden – July 9
- Critter Control – July 23
- What is a “Fall” Garden? – August 13
- Harvest and Preservation 1 – August 27
- Harvest and Preservation 2 – September 10
- Putting the Garden to Bed – September 24
Morning classes will be offered at 10:00 am at the Webb City’s Farmer’s Market on the same day.
Ivy Hagedorn, Program & Marketing Director
Downtown Joplin Alliance